Saturday 15 November 2014

These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things: October-November

Normally people would do their monthly favourites at the start or end of the month in question but because I have been using a lot of the same things I had only just chosen/completed the list of my October favourites and when I went to write a post on it I realised we were already 2 weeks into November! So anyway enough of the rambling, today I am going to be talking about a variety of things I having been loving over the past few weeks. I hope you enjoy the way I have chosen different categories for my favourites posts too!


-Food/Drink:
Recently I have been drinking lots of smoothies but as they take a while to make (preparing, buzzing, washing up you know the drill) I having been loving these Innocent Smoothie - Tubey Smoothies which are basically smoothies in squeezable tubes like yoghurts; how cute! They're so easy to pick up, eat anywhere and count as one of your five-a-day so make great healthy snacks... sadly I don't think there is much of wide flavour variety at the moment but my favourite thing about them is that you can freeze them so they make smoothie ice lollies; brilliant!

-Scent:
Now Summer has (but is still kind of) ending, it means it is time to put away the fresh, sweet body mists and swap them for the perfumes! I was never really a perfume person but since I got Cheryl (
Fernandez-Versini's Stormflower for my Birthday (to read more click here) I have been wearing it non-stop. It is such a unique yet gorgeous scent and I get so many compliments when I wear it that sometimes people can't believe it is a celebrity fragrance rather than a top expensive one!

-Make-Up:
Make-Up wise I have gone back to an old favourite with MAC's Mineralize Skin-Finish Highlighter in the shade Soft and Gentle I always find that I use this more in the Winter and Spring most as it really makes your face look fresh and glow-y which is fabulous as the cold weather tends to make your skin feel dry and therefore look duller, however in the Summer sometimes it just makes me look way too shiny! Now its hit the cold weather and I have had to get up at 6 for school, it has been a must in my everyday make-up routine!

-Fashion:
Since I've been in the Sixth Form and wearing my own clothes I have had so many chances to find new fashion favourites so if you would like I might do a whole post on my school fashion favourites?! But over the past few weeks I have loved to accessorise with a selection of Rings. Rings are great because there is something for everyone; from simple to bling-y, big to small, novelty to classic and in so many colours they are the perfect way to spice up any outfit!



-Activity:
I had a two week half term break in October/November which was filled with  homework but in between I found myself Baking quite a lot! I picked up this mini 'Bake for Britain' book when I went to Center-Parcs earlier this month but I'm sure you can pick it up on Amazon or something maybe? I was first drawn to the cute colours on the cover but when I looked inside to see it was full of easy, simple recipes I knew I had to pick it up as I am more of a baking-girl than a meal-cooker haha; hopefully I will be able to do some posts on some of my bakes in the coming weeks!

-Listen:
Apart from this favourite, music this month has not really been great for me, I have found myself going back to listening to old classics on the bus like S Club (ahead of the Children in Need reunion) and Bastille which threw me right back to Summer when I listened to it on the way home from my exams! Anyway, this month Cheryl released her new album, Only Human and oh my god I absolutely love it! You may say I am biased because she is my all time favourite but I could seriously listen to this album all day without skipping a track (and I did actually do that the day I got it) as it is just amazing and definitely waiting 2 years for! My favourite 3 songs so far are Throwback, Only Human and Firecracker!

-Hair:
The past month I have been trying out new ways to wear my hair; plaited, curly, extremely straight, wavy etc etc but as it is rather long it means it is heavy and therefore doesn't have much volume on the top! But this is when the L'Oreal TXT Spray which is basically a hairspray that gives texture and volume. I have loved this for creating lift to the parts of my hair that are falling a bit flat and giving my hair a bit more texture. The bonus is that is smells insanely good so brownie points to L'Oreal for their amazing smelling products as per usual!

-Body:
My body favourite this month has been one that I stole from my Mum the other week because it smells in-credible that it mysteriously kept ending up in my room. It is a Victoria's Secret Body Lotion in the scent Forbidden Fantasy and there isn't really anything else to say apart from it smells lush and makes my skin feels super soft and fresh.

-Read:
I'm not really the biggest fan of novels or books in general so tend to stick to more factual reads or magazines. This month I have found myself in bed extra early so I have some time to relax and read blogs on Bloglovin', I find it so fun to read so many different writing styles, opinions and experiences  from all over the world. Bloglovin' is free to sign up to and an easy site/app to use; if you want to follow my blog on there then click this link this means you will stay up to date with all my posts and be notified when any new ones go live!

-Watch:
Finally onto my watch of the month/s which has been Coronation Street! I have been so busy this month with work and school but have always loved soaps and Corrie has been the only TV show that I have actually been keeping up to date with recently! There's just something about it that makes it unmissable for me, I don't know whether it is the fact that it makes me laugh at the most random times, if it is the story lines which keep me hooked or the fact that the actors and actresses just play the characters so well! If you don't watch it you are missing out big time haha!



That's it for my recent favourites today; I hope you enjoyed it, hopefully the next one will actually be a monthly favourites haha and are having a lovely Saturday! Watch out because tomorrow will be my Top 5 Autumn Nail Varnishes. As usual don't forget to check out my social media bits which are always tabbed at the top of each page but for the frequently asked ones they will be listed now ... (Instagram- littleworldofyasmin and lifeofyasmin // Twitter- lifeofyasmin) Comment below or tweet me what your recent favourites are as I am always willing to try new things out!
Yasmin xoxo


1 comment:

  1. The Innocent Smoothie tubes look delicious! :) I'll have to pick some up :) xx

    ReplyDelete