Thursday 6 November 2014

The Throwback Tag

Hey there and welcome to todays post, the first in my Thursday series that I am naming 'Throwback Thursdays' (original I know haha) but these posts are going to be mostly lifestyle related and the place to share things that I've done. This is why I thought the Throwback Tag would be a great way to kick off the Thursday posts!


When I was very very young, my Mum wrote notes about me to read years later and kept them in this baby album so a lot of my answers to this tag have been found using these!

1. What year were you born in?
I was born in September 1997

2. Share a couple of your favourite baby photos?
*my scanner was broken and lighting is too dark so will upload some photos tomorrow!*

3. What TV shows did you watch?
In the notes that my Mum has written there are countless amounts of TV shows mentioned but the ones that appear most are The Tweenies, Winnie the Pooh and Mopatop's Shop.

4. What did you want to do as a job?
When I was younger I went through a phases of wanting to be a teacher, a photographer, a writer and the most vivid of all was a ballroom and latin dancer which probably stemmed from the fact I have always watched and loved Strictly Come Dancing even though I only ever took 1 dance lesson.

5. Do you have any funny videos?
A lot of the videos my Parents and Grandparents have are on tapes and 'proper' videos but nobody has the players anymore so I sadly I don't have any for this post but hopefully we will get them converted soon and then I will be able to share some of the best ones with you.

6. What were you favourite toys?
I remember I loved Stuart Little and I had a tiny toy of him that would come everywhere with me but also a big version that I would sleep with. I also loved dolls and had tonnes of Barbies and Bratz that I loved to style and do their hair.

7. Do you remember any embarrassing moments?
I can't remember many but one that stands out the most was when I was about 4 years old walking back to my Nan's from the sweet shop with my older cousins I fell over into some dog poo and didn't stop crying until we got back as all they did was laugh at me.

8. Share something you wrote during nursery?


9. What 3 songs remind you of your childhood?
Both my parents used to work so when I was on school holidays I would often go to my Nan's house and on the way home my Dad would always play 'Three is a Magic Number' by Embrace as it was his favourite song. Another would be Girls Aloud 'Sound of the Underground' as it was the first 'CD single' I ever bought, I still have it now and Girls Aloud ended up being the heroes of my childhood. 'Wonderwall' by Oasis is another one that carries vivid memories, I think the song is so beautiful and want it played at my wedding. Still to this day I love cheesy pop songs and would happily sit through all the Pop Party CDs which take me back 10 years!

10. Did you have a significant Halloween outfit?
I hated Halloween and I am still such a wuss now at 17 but I know I had a black and gold witch costume which I did like to bring back every year!

11. Share a funny story from your childhood?
There are countless stories I could share that have made me cry-laugh some of my favourites being as random as my cousin plaiting my hair and being able to pick the whole thing up by one loose strand to my Mum's terrible humming skills in our made up 'guess the song' game and many more.

12. Do you have any special keepsakes?
Although I still have a lot of my toys and photos from my childhood, I don't think there was anything particular that I would say is a 'keepsake'. This is one of the main reasons why I make my own scrapbook. I have never really had many 'proper' hobbies as I haven't ever been into sports or musical instruments and always used to stay at home doing crafty things so my scrapbook is kind of a hobby to me. I love the fact that in years to come I am going to be able to look back on these books full of photos and keepsakes as I feel it is so much more sentimental that just looking through photo albums on my phone/computer.

13. Was there anything weird you used to do as a child?
Not really that weird but I used to suck my thumb anywhere and everywhere??

14. What was the scariest thing that happened to you as a child?
I don't really think I went through anything too traumatic as a child but a couple of events that stand out in particular would be the time my dad got into road rage on a motorway which sounds trivial typing it now but I was only about 5 at the time and it was terrifying! I also remember dreading every Halloween as one year I answered the door to 2 teenagers dressed up; one in all black wearing the Scream mask and the other as Bart Simpson and practically screamed the house down!

15. How is the world different nowadays from when you were a child?
For me, I think that the fact internet has such a large effect on everyones everyday life is the thing that is most different as when I was younger we didn't have such immediate access to it and . I remember sitting down all day watching the music channels just to see one music video being played because I loved it so much but now it is only a couple of clicks away on YouTube and it can be played on repeat!

I hope you enjoyed the first Throw-Back-Thursday post on my blog- (as for my post uploading 'schedule' I will keep posting anything goes on Sundays but alternating the weekly posts between Throwback Thursdays and What I Wear Wednesdays which will be more fashion related and will be explained in next weeks weekday post so I hope you enjoy my way of uploading!)
Thanks for reading, don't forget to check out my social media links which are always at the top of the page and follow me on Bloglovin' for all the latest posts!

Yasmin xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment