Sunday 2 November 2014

Top 5 Autumn Winter Lipsticks ~ LIPSTICKS

Hello there! Today I will be discussing my Top 5 lipsticks/colours/combinations for the Autumn Winter months. I couldn't place them in a particular order so have arranged the colours from reds to plums to nudes which means there should be something for everyone to try.... I have linked up each product to the online sites plus keep reading until the end to see the swatches of the colours!


- Blake Lively's Shade  // L'Oreal Reds Collection £6.99
I'm not much of a 'True Red' wearer as I find they look odd on my complexion however I feel this colour is going to be amazing for nights out when you having a more natural eye look on so can go for something more exciting on the lips! I love the formula of the L'Oreal lipsticks, they glide on so smoothly, have fantastic staying power and smell absolutely incredible which is rare for a lipstick haha! I have to admit I did pick up this shade because I am a lover of Gossip Girl however I think I will definitely go back and pick up more from the new L'Oreal Reds collection!


- 107 // Rimmel Kate Moss Collection £5.49
With its buildable deep red/pink berry shade is one of my most worn lipsticks for this time of year Rimmel Kate's 107. As I have quite light blue eyes, dark hair and rather pale skin this meant for such a long time I found it so difficult to find the perfect red that suits me and doesn't wash me out. So when I saw Zoella mention this product in a few of her videos last year I was literally screaming with excitement all the way to Boots to pick one of these up to try myself and the first time I wore it, I loved it almost instantly! The main thing I love about this lipstick is that you can wear it with a wide variety of make up looks as you can mute the colour down to make it look more of a natural red tint but also build it right up to be bold and more statement colour. At such a reasonable price, I think most people should have this lip colour in their make up bag this Autumn!



- Rebel // MAC £15.50
Rebel is probably one of my favourite lipsticks of all time and without doubt my favourite lip colour for Autumn and Winter. This lipstick is a Satin finish and is described as a 'mid-tonal cream plum' on the website. The main reason I love it so much is that the colour is so buildable and because of the Satin finish, it means the product always seems to go on without looking like a cakey mess on your lips but at the same time not Matte enough to dry your lips out. Personally I feel that even though this product is rather on the pricey side, it is a must for your Autumn/Winter make up bag as you can achieve such a wide variety of shades from a light berry to a deep pinky purple which looks great from day to night with so many outfits and eyeshadow colours!






- The Damned // Topshop £8
Up The Amp // MAC £15.50
Up The Amp is a light lavender tone but mixed with the darker coloured purple The Damned, I love the combination that these two gorgeous shades create! Purples are always statement shades in the Autumn but I love mixing things up to create my own colours. The formula the two create is so creamy but because The Damned is quite dark and I apply it first, it creates a kind of stain on the lips so means the colour has great lasting power! I love to wear this combination when my outfit is quite plain as it brings some colour!



- Vintage Pink // Rimmel £6.49
- Eva Longoria's Shade // L'Oreal Nudes Collection £8.19
Although I seemed to have mainly mentioned darker shades, I have also been loving having the odd nude lip day here and there. These two products look do look lovely on their own but together create a unique pinky-nude as they compliment each other so well and the vintage-y hues in the pink shade warm up the nude and make it less orange. I tend to wear this combination most when I have a more dramatic eye look or when I've gone for a more colourful outfit. As I mentioned earlier, I find the L'Oreal lipsticks have such a lovely formula so you don't have to worry about having a cake-y mess on your lips as they mix so smoothly!



SWATCH TIME...!


Blakes Red - Rimmel 107 - Rebel - The Damned & Up The Amp - Evas Nude &Vintage Pink



I hope you enjoyed todays post! Let me know in the comments below what your favourite lipsticks are for Autumn/Winter and if there are any other products you would like to see my 'Top 5' for! As I say every time don't forget to check out my social media links at the top of the page and follow me on Bloglovin' to read my latest posts as soon as they are published!

Yasmin xoxo



3 comments:

  1. Cannot wait for the rest of your series. You should so post your top five eyeshadows and blushes. Loved this post and totally agree with your rebel description...its my fave as well.

    Love Charlotte xxxx
    Scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really enjoyed writing this! I have a nail Top 5 coming up next so will definitely add your suggestions to my list!
      Hope you enjoy my blog and re-visit soon:)
      Yasmin xoxo

      Delete
  2. Wow they are so cooollll ❤️❤️ where are you from yasmin?

    ReplyDelete