Wednesday 10 December 2014

Christmas Party Outfit Ideas ~ Blogmas #6

Evening all! It is Wednesday which means it is time for a What I Wear Wednesday post! Today I bring to you my first look book / outfit post so excuse the terrible posing, not very appropriate background and rather badly shot photos as the self timer function was my only friend during the making of this post haha; (I promise, future outfit posts will be much better!) Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy and comment below what you like to wear to parties in the festive season! 
[BTW I am wearing Rimmel Kate 107 on my lips]


OUTFIT 1 - Patterned Dress


I'm sure pretty much everyone has something tartan in their wardrobes at this time of year; mine is in the form of this gorgeous New Look Dress which cost me £19.99 which I think is so reasonable! New Look have a vast range of Tartan dresses at the moment (6 pages on the website to be exact) so I really recommend checking them out! Personally I think a patterned dress such as this is a staple for the season as they can be dressed up so easily with tights, heels and some jewellery but also dressed down if you fancy rocking a 'casual yet smart' look!


OUTFIT 2 - Midi Skirt 


Last year I wouldn't even approach a midi / tube skirt but over the past few months I have been loving them! As I am short I was never able to find one to suit me and I thought they would make me look larger than I am because of the shape however once I tried one on it was a completely different story! Although I have had to take a couple up, I really love the way they look; they fit so well, are all reasonably priced so won't break the bank and are the easiest pieces to style! This Floral Textured Skirt from Matalan (NOW £7.00) is no exception! I had my eye on this for a while before I picked it up as the colours just reminded me of Autumn and Winter. This month I have worn it quite a lot with this Bottle Green Scallop Frill Tee from Topshop for £16.00.


OUTFIT 3 - A Coloured Kimono 


The Kimono bandwagon is something I have completely jumped aboard this year and don't regret at all! I think my collection totals about 6 or 7 now and I love them all because I can literally wear them with everything! This Long Line Kimono from Matalan completely caught my eye particularly for the Winter months. My favourite way to pair it for a night out has been with this simple strappy black dress from H&M that I brought back in July! Sadly it is no longer available but I definitely recommend picking up a plain black as they are excellent for all seasons because they are so versatile!


OUTFIT 4 - Jeans


My final outfit idea is a nice pair of jeans; simple yet effective! I got these white ones from H&M (which aren't on the website) for a bargain at only £9.99 and love to pair them with a  striped or black top! It looks like you've put so much effort into your outfit even when you really can't be bothered haha! This top can be found in Matalan for £3.00. If you want to jazz up the outfit even more, wear it with heeled boots and perhaps a statement necklace.


That's all for today but check back on Friday for the next Blogmas post! Don't forget to check out my social media accounts which are always linked at the top of my page and comment below what you wear to Christmas parties!

Yasmin xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment