Sunday 12 October 2014

What's In My School Bag?

As you read the title of todays post I know many of you may be thinking 'but we went back to school a month ago?' but realistically, nobody has the same things in their bag that they took on the first day of school do they? (Well I know mine is significantly lighter than it was some weeks ago!) So here is my more realistic approach to the classic 'What's In My School Bag?'


Bag // Accessorise

I was originally looking for the 'Office City' bag but sadly Zara had changed their stock for the new season and I was a few months too late; so I was looking out for anything similar. I ended up finding this bag in Accessorise and paid £37 which I would say is quite pricey but I am hoping it will last the whole school year rather than having to buy a billion rubbish quality ones. I bought it way back in June as I didn't want to leave it and not be able to get it a few months later. So far I have been really impressed with it as it goes with all my outfits and fits loads in whilst being sturdy and practical! Sometimes it has a tendency to hurt my arm a little when I have a full day of lessons but overall it has been a great all rounder!

Now for the overview of the things I take to school with me everyday;

Purse // Primark
I always take a purse with me as although my bag has lots of pockets, I find it is a great way to store important things like my bus pass, money and house keys (it also means I can find them really quickly!) I absolutely adore the colour of it too, I always get so many compliments and people genuinely can't believe it's only from Primark haha!

Carmex Lip balm // Boots
Lip balm is an essential for me as I cannot stand having dry lips and there's nothing worse than forgetting your lip balm when you have a bad lip at school!

Gum // Poundland
Again, who goes to school without gum??? I know we are not allowed it in lessons but it's always nice to have at the beginning and end of the day or in between lessons to freshen up.

Mirror // Cath Kidston
I always carry a little mirror around with me because not a day goes past when nobody asks for one!

Hand Sanitiser // Bath and Bodyworks
I always take a hand sanitiser everywhere with me as sometimes the toilet soap isn't all that nice and so I always use this after washing my hands just to feel clean. The Bath and Bodyworks ones are great to just chuck in your bag as they are so compact and smell divine!

Pencil Case // Home Bargains
For years I would take the most extravagant pencil case 'just because I could' and I loved stationary but this year I decided to downsize a little with a little simple one. I love the pattern and it fits all my stuff in; what more could you ask for?
-Glue ~ I take Textiles so I always like to have my own glue with me however they always come in handy in all lessons!
-Memory Stick ~ These are great for saving your work or research on, transferring things from home to school (&vice versa) and storing the classwork presentations/extra materials on if you would like to go over the lesson again at home.
-Rubber ~ I don't really use it much but how could you leave it out?
-Highlighters ~ I LOVE highlighters and bringing colour to my work as it really helps me learn
-Pens ~ I like to take a range of pens as I tend to change what I'm comfortable with every lesson and I like to be the one to offer out my things rather than ask to borrow someone else's if my pen brakes!
-Pencils ~ Pencils, although aren't used the most, are another essential. I tend to go for the mechanical ones as they last the longest and you don't have to sharpen them (yes it's lazy of me!)
-Tippex ~ Everybody makes mistakes!
-Ruler ~ Another thing that isn't needed as much this year but I couldn't come to school without it.

Impulse Body Spray // Boots
Body sprays are great way to freshen up throughout the day as they are so cheap, light, fresh and super easy to chuck in your bag. My favourite at the moment has been the impulse one called 'Sweet Smile' which is a gorgeous fruity scent and boots always seem to have them on offer!

Dove Deodorant // Boots
I always carry a mini deodorant with me just incase it's really hot at school or I am going out afterwards and don't have time to go home.

Tissues // Home Bargains
Tissues are something that have many uses and better to have on hand rather than to have to hunt for them. I love the cutesy print on the packet and at only 12p these packets are a complete bargain!

Mini Diary // Paperchase
Although I do use the homework diary provided by my school, I also like to carry a personal one around with me to plan my evenings & weekend schedules, coursework and blog posts better as I love to take down loads of notes and lists about everything.

Tangle Teezer // TKMaxx
I have quite long hair which I tend to wear down quite often so I always need a hairbrush to keep the tangles under control or to neaten it up before I chuck it up if I've had enough of it haha!

Make Up Bag // WHSmiths
My make up bag holds all my essential other bits such as ladies things, hair bits and obviously make up! (I will be doing a What's In My School Make Up Bag/ School Make Up Routine in a couple of weeks, I just have to find a time when lighting is good as my school mornings are very busy, so watch out for that!)

Folder // Paperchase
This folder is a representation of my books (couldn't fit them all in the photo) which are probably the most important item, I like to have pretty patterned ones as I carry my folders around! Paperchase always have nice ones and luckily I got mine in the sales too!

Phone
Not much to say apart from this is the thing I never leave the house without!

Earphones
Finally, another item I never forget are my earphones they are used for all types of bus journeys and to chill out to whilst I'm working in my study periods; safe to say without them, I would genuinely be lost!

I hope you enjoyed tonights post, comment below something you never go to school without and as always, check out my social media links if you haven't already and if you would like you can follow me on Bloglovin' to get my posts as soon as I upload them!
Hope you've all had a lovely weekend!
Yasmin xoxo

PS; Next week I break up from school for 2 weeks (Fri 17th-Nov 3rd) so will have loads of time to write posts so if there is anything you would like to see please let me know! :) 

2 comments: