Thursday 4 December 2014

TBT: WINTER WONDERLAND 2013 ~ Blogmas # 3

Heya! As it's Thursday, this means it is time for a Throw-Back Thursday but a Winter edition!

Back in December last year my parents took my brother and I to Winter Wonderland which I believe is held every year in Hyde Park, London. I am pretty sure that I have been years ago when I was much younger but ever since the last Christmas I have been pestering Mum and Dad to take us again and the fact you are reading this post must mean my moaning paid off;) (((YES))) 



So as a lover of all things cute and festive when it comes to this time of year I was absolutely buzzing throughout the whole day and took some great pictures to share with you all; so keep reading to find out what I got up to:)






Here are probably the cutest pancakes ever! I think they were German but all that mattered was that they were covered in hot melted Nutella and icing sugar; yum....!
 ...and on the subject of good food, these chips were honestly the best chips EVER! I saw people eating them near the start when we entered and the looked and smelt amazing; so at lunch time I was determined to go back and try them (the only problem was that I could not exactly remember where the stall was so we spent 20 minutes walking left when it turned out we were supposed to be going in the opposite direction oops hahaha!)
After lunch we went to 'The Magical Ice Kingdom' which was a walkthrough building with loads of incredible ice sculptures, from animals and plants to a palace with a slide and even a cocktail bar with awesome flarers; there was something for everyone.

After the Ice Kingdom we had a chance to go up in the Big Wheel which was like a smaller version of the London Eye. I'm so glad it was a bright and gorgeous because it meant we could see across the whole park and over the London skyline which was soooo cool! I have been on the London Eye a few times and up the Shard before so it was nice to see the city from a different view! One of my favourite things about it was that they had a 'Christmas Radio' on in the cabins playing some fab Christmas tunes so I could not resist a sing along!


All the restaurants, bars and stalls were so cute; this reindeer head singing my Grandad's favourite Christmas song 'Driving home for Christmas' made me laugh so much, I had to take a picture!
My last and favourite thing we did was go Ice Skating. It was my idea to book a slot in the evening as I thought it would be extra Christmassy and magical if we could skate as it got darker because that is when all the lights come on and the trees look especially pretty! We were not allowed to take photos on the ice for safety reasons but I managed to get a shot in the queue to go on and it is without a doubt my favourite one of the day!



If you ever get a chance to go I really recommend booking an evening slot for the skating as it was such a special experience to leave the day on too!As the evening got colder, the park came alive with dainty lights and warm scents and we left on a high feeling even more excited for Christmas to arrive!













I hope you enjoyed my first proper Throwback Thursday post; let me know in the comments below! Sadly I have not had any free weekends to go back this year but next year me and my friends are planning to go together! Have any of you been to a Winter Wonderland?
If you would like to get updates for my Blogmas posts follow me on Bloglovin' :)
See you on Saturday for the next post!
Yasmin xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment